At Greenpark Academy we have designed and follow a broad, flexible curriculum that balances both knowledge and skills. Although we base our curriculum around subject specific knowledge, the intention of the curriculum is to develop the skills children need for future learning, such as resilience and a growth mindset. Skills are not seen as ‘by-products’ of the curriculum but have equal importance to acquiring knowledge.
In addition half-termly extra-curricular activities are offered after school for each year group. These are bookable at the beginning of each half-term.
For more information please see our Curriculum Policy, or contact your child's class teacher by Class Dojo or via the office.
- Art/Design Technology (DT)
- Modern Foreign Language (MFL)
- Physical Education (PE)
- Religious Education (RE)
- Personal, Social & Health Education (PSHE) and Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)
Further Links and Information:
- Maths (Power Maths) - www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk
- PATHS - www.pathseducation.co.uk/
- Science (Science Bug) - www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk
- Thrive - www.thriveapproach.org.uk
- Phonics – www.letters-and-sounds.com and www.jollylearning.co.uk/jolly-phonics
- PiXL - www.pixl.org.uk
- The National Curriculum - More Information